Borg Warner T56 Vs Tremec T56

Genuine oem tremec borg warner parts. With the old borg warner i was able to go 67mph at 6k rpm in second gear 100 in third and about 125 in fourth with the stock gears.

Which Mustang Shifter Do I Need Lmr Com

Which Mustang Shifter Do I Need Lmr Com

Borg warner t56 vs tremec t56. The t56 is the ticket. We are stocking the full t 56 line as well as developing an exciting new prospect for the gm aftermarket t 56. This six speed wonder was designed and built by borg warner originally though manufacturing switched over to tremec in 1998. Internals are different too but if you have the 4 parts you can swap from the lt1 to ls1 pretty easily. 13 86 009 on a metal tag 886 009h53253 k0253 2550 647. T56 reverse shift fork.

T56 reverse shift fork. Differences are bell housing clutch fork lt1 is pull ls1 is push input shaft and front plate. Fits all t56 transmissions. Im trying to decide between the tko600 and the t56 magnum realizing the latter will require raising the entire center tunnel. Chevy realized it had to have a gearbox strong enough to take on the power of the lt1 lt4 and the new ls1 small blocks and chose the t56. And i am not happy with the gear ratios at all.

Are the gear ratios the same. By far the most common source of t56 transmissions on the used market is the fourth gen f body primarily due to its longish production run from 93 02. T56 snap ring kit. Lt1 t56 is a borg warner ls1 t56 or somewhere in there they switched to tremecs. The tremec tr 6060 and magnum design hinged largely on a new synchronizer assembly that featured a significantly narrower cross section than that of the t 56 right leaving more space between speed gears. Check below for applications for the more popular units.

I just put a dd rebuilt tremec t 5 in my 90 gt. T56 5 6 shift fork. But now theres a new kid in town. Originally built by borg warner these units are now manufactured by tremec. Genuine oem tremec borg warner part. The t 56 six speed manual transmission has been used in a wide range of vehicles from general motors dodge and ford motor companythe transmission was originally designed and built by borgwarner for the dodge viper later being used by gm in 1992 for the generation ii and later engines but from 1998 was built by tremec though nothing changed internally.

Although the t56 has been used in the dodge viper since the early 90s in addition to the 03 04 mustang cobra 04 and up pontiac gto and cadillac cts v much lower production numbers. Complete snap ring kit for all camaro firebird and viper t56 transmissions. Hello i could buy a t56 with the following numbers. Also new in are the units and parts for the latest model mustang cobra t 56 6 speed units. In recent times the t56 transmission has become.

Gallery of Borg Warner T56 Vs Tremec T56

Tremec T56 Magnum F Transmission 6 Speed Tuet16362 Close Ratio 2 66 First Gear
Download Now
Tremec T56 Magnum F Transmission 6 Speed Tuet16362 Close Ratio 2 66 First Gear
Tremec Tutorial A Quick Guide To Tremec Transmissions And
Download Now
Tremec Tutorial A Quick Guide To Tremec Transmissions And
Tremec T56 Magnum F Transmission 6 Speed Tuet16363 Wide Ratio 2 97 First Gear
Download Now
Tremec T56 Magnum F Transmission 6 Speed Tuet16363 Wide Ratio 2 97 First Gear
Tremec T56 Transmission Rebuild Part 4 Final Assembly
Download Now